NPR Secures Over $3 Billion Against BP Related to the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
December 20, 2015
In 2015, NPR obtained an historic settlement for the State of Florida against British Petroleum arising out of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. NPR represented Florida in its effort to recover economic losses as a result of this disaster. Ultimately, the firm recovered $2 billion for the State of Florida.
In addition, NPR represented more than 20 other governmental entities in litigation against BP, and more than 1,000 businesses, ranging from small restaurants to publicly traded corporations, in their claims against BP related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. To date, the total settlements obtained by NPR in the BP matter exceed $3 billion.
- January 6, 2005 - NPR appointed Lead Counsel in Brocade Securities Litigation
- October 4, 2004 - NPR is investigating Vioxx and Merck
- May 13, 2004 - NPR wins motion to dismiss battle for lead plaintiffs in UAXS securities litigation
- April 24, 2004 - Jury Awards $37 million to Victims of Former Lutheran Minister
- April 22, 2004 - Kay’s Kloset awarded $1.2 million by a federal jury
- April 13, 2004 - $1.5 Million Verdict for Death of Arkansas Student
- March 21, 2004 - NPR Wins $700,000.00 Nursing Home Verdict
- November 24, 2003 - NPR Opens New Shreveport, Louisiana Office