NPR Secures Over $3 Billion Against BP Related to the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
December 20, 2015
In 2015, NPR obtained an historic settlement for the State of Florida against British Petroleum arising out of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. NPR represented Florida in its effort to recover economic losses as a result of this disaster. Ultimately, the firm recovered $2 billion for the State of Florida.
In addition, NPR represented more than 20 other governmental entities in litigation against BP, and more than 1,000 businesses, ranging from small restaurants to publicly traded corporations, in their claims against BP related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. To date, the total settlements obtained by NPR in the BP matter exceed $3 billion.
- May 20, 2015 - NPR Wins Another Gas Royalty Settlement, This Time Against Laredo Petrol
- April 29, 2015 - NPR Elects New Partners
- August 14, 2014 - NPR Obtains Settlement on Behalf of Investors in GMX Resources
- September 10, 2013 - NPR Wins an $87.5 Million Gas Royalty Settlement from Range Resources. Together With its $155 Million Settlement Against QEP, This Settlement Ranks Among the Top Five All Time Gas Royalty Settlements in Oklahoma History.
- August 2, 2013 - NPR Obtains Final Approval of $155 Million Gas Royalty Settlement
- October 25, 2012 - NPR Lead Counsel in $280 Million Final Settlement
- July 6, 2012 - Federal Court Preliminarily Approves $280,000,000 Settlement in BNY Mellon Securities Lending Litigation
- June 6, 2012 - Court Approves Settlement in AFTRA Pension Suit Against JPMorgan Chase & Co