NPR Secures Over $3 Billion Against BP Related to the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
December 20, 2015
In 2015, NPR obtained an historic settlement for the State of Florida against British Petroleum arising out of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. NPR represented Florida in its effort to recover economic losses as a result of this disaster. Ultimately, the firm recovered $2 billion for the State of Florida.
In addition, NPR represented more than 20 other governmental entities in litigation against BP, and more than 1,000 businesses, ranging from small restaurants to publicly traded corporations, in their claims against BP related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. To date, the total settlements obtained by NPR in the BP matter exceed $3 billion.
- September 8, 2009 - Class Action Plaintiffs Win Venue Appeal against Freeport-McMoRan
- April 28, 2009 - Oklahoma Plaintiffs Win Venue Battle in Class Action against Mining Giant Freeport-McMoRan
- March 13, 2009 - Nix, Patterson & Roach Named as Interim Lead Counsel
- February 27, 2009 - NPR Obtains $35 Million Settlement for MFN Investors
- December 16, 2008 - Baylor Law Alum Elected 2009 President of Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- December 8, 2008 - News Release: Nelson J. Roach, George "Tex" Quesada Chosen to Lead The Texas Trial Lawyers Association in 2009
- August 11, 2008 - NPR Partner Elected Chair of National Nursing Home Litigation Group By American Association for Justice
- August 10, 2008 - Lawyer: Representing the Frail and Infirm is a Passion and Honor