NPR Secures Over $3 Billion Against BP Related to the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
December 20, 2015
In 2015, NPR obtained an historic settlement for the State of Florida against British Petroleum arising out of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. NPR represented Florida in its effort to recover economic losses as a result of this disaster. Ultimately, the firm recovered $2 billion for the State of Florida.
In addition, NPR represented more than 20 other governmental entities in litigation against BP, and more than 1,000 businesses, ranging from small restaurants to publicly traded corporations, in their claims against BP related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. To date, the total settlements obtained by NPR in the BP matter exceed $3 billion.
- June 26, 2008 - $38.25 Million Deloitte & Touche Settlement Approved
- June 2, 2008 - NPR Settles Brocade Securities Litigation for $160 million
- April 14, 2008 - Nix, Patterson & Roach LLP Files Class Action Lawsuit against Mining Giant Freeport-McMoRan
- March 5, 2008 - DataTreasury Patent Litigation
- February 6, 2008 - NPR announces $38.25 million settlement of claims against Deloitte & Touche, LLP in Delphi Securities Litigation
- February 6, 2008 - Court approves $3.6 million RAC settlement on February 6, 2008
- January 10, 2008 - Court approves $284.1 million partial settlement in Delphi Securities Litigation
- December 5, 2007 - Jury convicts former Brocade VP of Human Resources Stephanie Jensen