NPR Secures Over $3 Billion Against BP Related to the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
December 20, 2015
In 2015, NPR obtained an historic settlement for the State of Florida against British Petroleum arising out of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. NPR represented Florida in its effort to recover economic losses as a result of this disaster. Ultimately, the firm recovered $2 billion for the State of Florida.
In addition, NPR represented more than 20 other governmental entities in litigation against BP, and more than 1,000 businesses, ranging from small restaurants to publicly traded corporations, in their claims against BP related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. To date, the total settlements obtained by NPR in the BP matter exceed $3 billion.
- January 2, 2007 - NPR files Amended Complaint in Brocade Securities Litigation
- October 3, 2006 - NPR defeats Defendants' attempt to dismiss Brocade Securities Litigation
- July 7, 2006 - NPR Opens Tennessee Office
- June 6, 2006 - Nix, Patterson & Roach selected as Lead Counsel in Brocade Securities Litigation and files Consolidated Class Action Complaint
- May 12, 2006 - NPR Wins $800,000.00 nursing home negligence verdict
- April 18, 2006 - Anthony Bruster and Neil Smith Named "Rising Stars" by Texas Super Lawyers and Texas Monthly Magazines
- April 14, 2006 - NPR files Consolidated Complaint in Brocade Securities Class Action
- April 4, 2006 - Fifth Circuit Affirms $4 Million Dollar NPR Antitrust Verdict