NPR and Barnes & Lewis Win Major Gas Royalty Trial For Oklahoma Royalty Owners
January 14, 2016
NPR partner Brad Beckworth tried this case to judgment with co-counsel in this declaratory judgment action requesting the court declare the rights of royalty owners and the obligations of lessees on four key issues of Oklahoma royalty law relating to oil and gas lease interpretation, payment of royalty on fuel gas, payment of royalty under different forms of gas marketing agreements, and payment of statutory interest on late royalty payments. In 2012, NPR and its co-counsel achieved favorable declaratory summary judgment rulings for the plaintiffs on all four issues. The court’s declaratory summary judgment ruling on the payment of statutory interest was affirmed by the Oklahoma Court of Appeals, Division 1 and the Oklahoma Supreme Court.
In October 2015, NPR and its co-counsel successfully tried the remaining three declaratory judgment issues and the defendants’ counterclaim and achieved a favorable judgment for the plaintiffs on all four issues. NPR is one of the only firms to try a case to judgment concerning these critical issues of Oklahoma royalty law. This judgment will benefit over a million Oklahoma royalty owners.
NPR partner Brad Beckworth and associates Lisa Baldwin and Trey Duck led the prosecution of this case.
- May 20, 2015 - NPR Wins Another Gas Royalty Settlement, This Time Against Laredo Petrol
- April 29, 2015 - NPR Elects New Partners
- August 14, 2014 - NPR Obtains Settlement on Behalf of Investors in GMX Resources
- September 10, 2013 - NPR Wins an $87.5 Million Gas Royalty Settlement from Range Resources. Together With its $155 Million Settlement Against QEP, This Settlement Ranks Among the Top Five All Time Gas Royalty Settlements in Oklahoma History.
- August 2, 2013 - NPR Obtains Final Approval of $155 Million Gas Royalty Settlement
- October 25, 2012 - NPR Lead Counsel in $280 Million Final Settlement
- July 6, 2012 - Federal Court Preliminarily Approves $280,000,000 Settlement in BNY Mellon Securities Lending Litigation
- June 6, 2012 - Court Approves Settlement in AFTRA Pension Suit Against JPMorgan Chase & Co