NPR and Barnes & Lewis Win Major Gas Royalty Trial For Oklahoma Royalty Owners
January 14, 2016
NPR partner Brad Beckworth tried this case to judgment with co-counsel in this declaratory judgment action requesting the court declare the rights of royalty owners and the obligations of lessees on four key issues of Oklahoma royalty law relating to oil and gas lease interpretation, payment of royalty on fuel gas, payment of royalty under different forms of gas marketing agreements, and payment of statutory interest on late royalty payments. In 2012, NPR and its co-counsel achieved favorable declaratory summary judgment rulings for the plaintiffs on all four issues. The court’s declaratory summary judgment ruling on the payment of statutory interest was affirmed by the Oklahoma Court of Appeals, Division 1 and the Oklahoma Supreme Court.
In October 2015, NPR and its co-counsel successfully tried the remaining three declaratory judgment issues and the defendants’ counterclaim and achieved a favorable judgment for the plaintiffs on all four issues. NPR is one of the only firms to try a case to judgment concerning these critical issues of Oklahoma royalty law. This judgment will benefit over a million Oklahoma royalty owners.
NPR partner Brad Beckworth and associates Lisa Baldwin and Trey Duck led the prosecution of this case.
- June 26, 2008 - $38.25 Million Deloitte & Touche Settlement Approved
- June 2, 2008 - NPR Settles Brocade Securities Litigation for $160 million
- April 14, 2008 - Nix, Patterson & Roach LLP Files Class Action Lawsuit against Mining Giant Freeport-McMoRan
- March 5, 2008 - DataTreasury Patent Litigation
- February 6, 2008 - NPR announces $38.25 million settlement of claims against Deloitte & Touche, LLP in Delphi Securities Litigation
- February 6, 2008 - Court approves $3.6 million RAC settlement on February 6, 2008
- January 10, 2008 - Court approves $284.1 million partial settlement in Delphi Securities Litigation
- December 5, 2007 - Jury convicts former Brocade VP of Human Resources Stephanie Jensen